Did you know 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime? October marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month and everything turns PINK to bring awareness to this disease. Many companies will donate a portion of proceeds from pink items to organizations like Susan G. Komen, Bright Pink and Young Survival Coalition. I have put together a list of where you can find products to purchase and a few events to participate in to give back and get involved!
- New Balance has an entire line, Lace Up For the Cure, where they will donate 5% of the MSRP of each product sold with a guaranteed minimum donation of $500,000 in 2015, 2016 and 2017!!
- Dick’s Sporting Goods has an incredible collection of pink-wear not only for women but men and youth as well!
- Carbon38 also has an amazing pink shop featuring two new exclusive styles. For every pair sold they will donate $10 to Susan G Komen for cancer research!
- 100% of the proceeds from this cute Fabletics outfit will be donated to Bright Pink, an organization “on a mission to save women’s lives from breast and ovarian cancer.”
- Susan G Komen is the most recognizable organization for breast cancer awareness and research. I have participated in a few of their Race for the Cure events and would love to tackle a 3day event in the future! Check out their website for local events near you!
- If dancing is more your thing, check out Party in Pink, they have teamed up with Susan G. Komen to raise money through Zumbathons hosted by licensed Zumba instructors. This looks like the ultimate party all while raising money for an important cause! #movetogive
Here are a few more pink items that I found around the web:
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Techfit Tight
- Spiritual Gangster Warrior Arch Rocker Tank
- LOVE the Kate Spade Loula Dress
- J Brand ‘Little Pink Jean’ (20% of proceeds will be donated to Young Survival Coalition)
- Pointe Studio Barre Socks
Have you participated in an event benefitting cancer research? What pink products have you purchased this year?