I am here today to share my recipe for oatmeal protein cookies that I try to have in the fridge at all times. They take no time to make and with 5 ingredients (or less depending on what kind you are making) they are so fast, so clean and SO GOOD.
I found the base recipe many years ago on Pinterest. It consisted of oats and bananas and that lasted a few batches but I have since jazzed them up different ways! I have incorporated nuts, chocolate, blueberries, just almond butter and most recently chopped up strawberries. WIN!!
So without further ado, here is a quick, healthy and gluten free cookie anyone will love 🙂
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 cups gluten free oats (I love Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats)
2.5 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup almond butter (I love Barney Butter Bare Smooth)
Two scoops of Arbonne Vanilla Protein powder (optional)
Handful of Strawberries, chopped. (I just eye balled how many would make it good :))
Coconut oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together oats, bananas, almond butter and protein powder (optional) in a mixer.
- Fold in strawberries into batter.
- Place a sheet of foil on a cookie sheet with a light dusting of coconut oil.
- Scoop out 1in-1.5in balls of batter and place on foil, press into cookie shape.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!!