Welcome to a new week! I originally had this set to post on Tuesday, you know for “Turkey Tuesday!” But then I thought, why not post it a day early?? You know so you can run to the store tonight, get all of the ingredients and enjoy “Turkey Tuesday” properly!! You are welcome!
I recently completed an Arbonne 30 Day detox and one of the requirements was to eat clean. No preservatives, no packaged food, no sugar, no processed, no nothing…. I don’t think we eat terribly bad, but I definitely rely on my frozen vegetables that I zap in the microwave and prepackaged chicken/meat that I pick up at the grocery as I quickly prepare dinners.
As I was reading the “rules” I immediately thought “oh lord there is no way I can work full time, teach part time, commit to blogging, finish planning a wedding AND work out?” Well, I was obviously shocked by how easy and how quick it was to make REAL dinners, with REAL ingredients, that are FILLING. Not only that, most of the recipes I picked up from the Arbonne detox were REQUESTED again and again!!
I am sharing the household favorite today – Clean Penne Pasta!
Yes, you read pasta correctly. Through this recipe we discovered the gluten-free pasta brand Tinkyada, and let me tell you as an all bread/pasta lover, this brand is on point.
There are only five main ingredients called for in this recipe, but I have added additional red and yellow peppers and jalapenos for color and taste! The possibilities are endless and this is sure to be a crowd pleaser without cancelling out all of your hard work in the gym!!
Stay fit friends,
CLEAN PENNE PASTA
- 1 lb. ground turkey (Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey)
- 1 jar organic salsa (all natural, no preservatives)
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz. can organic tomato paste
- 1 package of brown rice penne pasta (loved the gluten-free Tinkyada brand)
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
1. cook noodles per package directions.
2. brown turkey, and drain excess grease.
3. combine salsa, paste and tomatoes with turkey, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. once pasta is done drain and combine with turkey.
5. simmer for 15 minutes then serve.
The recipe serves 4.