See what I did there?!? Happy Hump day! For today’s #workoutwednesday I wanted to quickly share this push-up workout that I did last week after a nice interval run. Now I have to tell you I dislike push-ups with a passion. They are tough, tough, tough and I just am not naturally good at them. But I decided that I needed to focus on this movement and I literally make myself do them every day. They are a great test of your strength and can help strengthen your entire body. They are essentially a moving plank! Some notes to keep in mind while you do this:
- always keep your shoulders over your wrists
- your core should ALWAYS be engaged
- your glutes should be engaged as well
- use your breath to help you push up and push away the floor
- try as many as you can on your toes but drop to assisted if your form starts to go
Don’t forget to stretch your chest after this doozy. How did you do??